Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cooking Rice in a Pressure Cooker

NewImage

 

I'm such a fan of my Wolfgang Puck Pressure Cooker and talk about it often.  I use it many times weekly, in fact, I have lima beans cooking in it right now.  But I've always used a rice cooker for cooking rice.  Let me amend that, hubby is the ricer maker in the family, he is the one that gets the rice cooker it from the garage, measures the rice, puts in the water, and sets it and forgets it. :-D   So last week when it quit working, and he tore it apart and deemed it unfixable, I was thinking that I had to buy a new one.

But then I got the bright idea to Google cooking rice in a pressure cooker, and sure enough it's very doable.  In fact, when I got ready to cook it in my Wolfie, I discovered that it has a rice setting.  Duh, Jan.

But anyway, here's how I did it and it came out perfectly.  I put a cup of water in the pressure cooker, added the steamer basket, then I took a small stainless steel bowl, put in a cup of rice and a cup and a half of water in the bowl, set the bowl on the steamer basket, pressed rice, and it took six minutes.  You're probably thinking, "wow, that was fast."  Well, not exactly.  It had to build steam, and then you let it depressurize, so it's probably about the same amount of time as on the stove.  But, it doesn't stick, it doesn't come out like glue, it's perfect, fluffy grains.  Amazing, huh...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena