Saturday, January 12, 2013

That Cwazy Wabbit Strikes Again!!!

 

NewImage

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Born to be wild
Born to be wild

I go out on the patio this morning, it's warm today in Heavensville, 64 degrees at noon, Maggie was trotting behind me, anxious to do her business.  I look straight ahead, and there sat Butterbean on top of the waterfall.  He's just sitting up there looking at me.  I look over, one of the doors to his hutch was open, "apparently" hubby hadn't locked it properly yesterday, so who knows how long the little scamp had been running free.

I was in a panic, because even though the patio is enclosed with a fence,  I'm always afraid he will jump off the back of the waterfall to freedom, but apparently he has no desire to do so.  I'm  yelling for hubby, he comes out and the chase begins.  Round and round they go, with Butterbean zooming from one end of the patio to the other.  He's in the shrubs, he's under the shrubs, he's behind the tree, and all the time I'm thinking...

"Run, run, as fast as you can. 
You can't catch me! 
I'm the Gingerbread Man!

He stops long enough to say hi to Maggie.  They're sniffing noses, she gets bored with him, he follows her for a bit, and then he's off again.  I get the bright idea to drag out Petunia's (John and Deanna's bunny) cage, put some alfalfa and a carrot in it, in hopes of luring him inside so that we can shut the door on him, but oh no, he didn't want any part of that.  He stood on his hind legs, sniffed the outside of it, and then he was off to the races yet again.

By now LC is getting frustrated, and I'm reminding him that it's his fault that Bun-Bun is loose in the first place, so he hangs in there.  And finally, finally Butterbean is tired of the chase, and thinking his home sweet home is looking pretty good, after all there is a heated pad to lay on, fresh water, rabbit chow, alfalfa, he has all the amenities, so he "allowed" a frazzled LC to pick him up.

He put him in his cage, gave him his carrot, and now he's happily munching away.

Where is my camera when I need it?????   Where??????

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena