Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's gonna be one of those days!

Photo

I got up this morning, ready to put green beans in the crockpot, and couldn't find the can opener, anywhere!  LC and I have turned the kitchen upside down, even looking in the trash, because I'm not so bright anymore, with no luck, it's gone, kaput, vanished.  How does a big red can opener just disappear?  Only in my kitchen.

So then I'm making bacon for breakfast, because as you all know, bacon is the perfect food.  And I bought this wonderful Wright's Hickory Smoked Bacon at Sams yesterday, so I was in for a treat.  And I always eat mustard on my bacon, always.  Doesn't everybody???  But the bacon splattered and burned my face, it still hurts, waaaaaa.

Then, as the picture shows, the lid fell off the mustard and dumped on my plate.  Which brings up another grievance.  I love, love, love Plochman's Mustard, it's just so much better than that nasty French stuff.  But the cap is horrible.  It clogs constantly, you can't get the mustard out, it's been this way since the beginning of time.  That's why I have this big blob of mustard on my plate and the mess on the jar.  I was squeezing really hard and I just popped the lid off.  I don't know my own strength, obviously.  *blush*

Last year, for a brief moment in time Plochmann's changed that gawdawful lid to  a snap top and I was estatic.  But wouldn't you know, they abandoned the snap top and went back to the old top.  Why????  Which reminds me, I need to send Plochman's an email this morning begging and pleading for the new and improved cap again.  Oh, and it's time for my monthly email to Trader Joes, begging them to come to Heavensville, looks like I'm going to be a busy girl, even if nobody listens to me.  Hey, you gotta have a cause!!

But back to breakfast, I clean up the mustard, hubby announced that he would trek to Wally World this morning to get me another can opener, but it won't be a red Kitchenaid like the one I have now,  but at least it's a temporary fix.  Then I fix coffee.  How can you screw up a K-Cup?  Well, I didn't, but when I poured in my splash of Half and Half that I just bought yesterday, it curdled the damn coffee!!

And it's only 8am!!!  Oh joy...

1 comments:

  1. Oh Jan, LOL...not a good morning so far! I hope it will get better....and I sure hope that my writing to the people who own TJ's don't cancel both our votes out! I've been bugging them to open an Aldi here while you're trying to get a Trader Joe's! Maybe we'll break them down :)

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena