Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Are my jeans tight? Or how I managed to gain 4 lbs. in 3 days…

Photo1 (1)

Okay, so these pancakes aren’t the entire reason I gained 4 lbs. in 3 days.  It was also, fish, fries & hushpuppies, broasted chicken, a baked sweet potato, Pizza King Pizza, and best of all, that I didn’t take a picture of, a spectacularly yummy sandwich that I’ll be recreating at home. 

We went to Concannon’s Bakery, Café & Coffee Bar, and I ordered their turkey sandwich and baked potato salad.  It was thick slices of homemade potato bread, and sandwiched inside was shaved turkey breast, a big pile of it, fresh spinach leaves, and the bread was spread with cranberry sauce, instead of mayo.  Oh my…

But back to these pancakes.  We went to Sunday brunch at Eva’s Pancake House, where Nish and I shared a biscuit and bowl of gravy, because biscuits and gravy are quite possibly one of the seven wonders of the world. Let’s just say it was kind of an appetizer, ya, let’s just say that.  But front row center on the menu were the Hawaiian Pancakes, and I looked no further, they were calling my name. This plate of decadent goodness was composed of strawberries in syrup, pineapple, bananas, chopped walnuts, honey and whipped cream.  Aren’t they the most delectable looking things, possibly ever?  Of course it was all amazing, and was the weight gain worth it?  Oh heck ya it was.  I also neglected to mention fistfuls of Peanut M&M’s, a huge cone of cherry chocolate ice cream, and another huge cone of one of the the best ice creams I’ve ever put in my mouth, salted caramel.  Let’s see what did I leave out, oh, I forgot the coffee cake Nisha served, it was so good, that I bought one, froze it, and brought it home to take to the kids for Thanksgiving.

I guess that about covers it, but I’m sure I left out a few things.  And now back to reality.  But I did get on the scales this morning, and that 4 lb. gain didn’t even make me cry.  Maturity, maybe?  Nah, it was just that totally sated, satisfied feeling.  I haven’t had it in so long, I forgot how wonderful it was!

OMG, O.M.G!!! I forgot the best part, how could I do forget this, the biggest blowout of it all.  Okay, so we’re on the way home, going thru Amish country, and we stopped for lunch at an Amish restaurant.  The parking lot was packed, it had to be good, right?  Oh, absolutely!  It was a trough, you can’t go wrong with an Amish trough and a full parking lot!

And what did yours truly have??? I know you’re dying to know!  I’ve told you everything else, I might as well fess up to all of it.  Okay, are you ready for this?  Noodles, puddled on a big ole’ pile of mashed potatoes, dressing, corn, a piece of fried chicken, homemade bread, cucumbers in sour cream, ambrosia salad (2 kinds) and for dessert, the piece de resistance, a huge wedge of pecan pie.  But I did drink unsweetened iced tea.  *blush*

So yes,  Miss Piggy deserved each and every one of those four pounds!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena