Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My computer screen turned pink!

pink-screen

Has yours ever done this?  Let's hope not, but in case it has, here's what worked for me.

Krista was here this morning, cleaning, so hubby and I left for breakfast, ran some errands, came home, I came into the sunroom, and the screen on my PC looked just like this!  (This isn't the actual picture, I grabbed this one from the web, but it was the same look).

I was in a panic, convinced that it was either my monitor going bad, or the video card on my computer.  I called Jean right away, I always call her when I have a technical issue, she had never had a pink screen before either.  So then I Googled it, and it said that maybe the VGA cord wasn't connected securely.  Well, I was sure that wasn't the problem, but LC unplugged it and plugged it back in, and sure enough that was it.   She probably was dusting behind the computer and jiggled the cord.

So, I'm just passing this along in case any of you have a similar issue.  I was just so glad that I didn't have to cough up $$$ for a new monitor or video card.

Whew, that was a close one...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena