Sunday, July 29, 2012

Remember when you went to Grandma’s for Sunday dinner…

gma

No, this isn’t a picture of my family, but it’s the way life is “supposed” to be.  Sunday dinner at Grandmas, with the family gathered ‘round, but life isn’t like that anymore.  Families are scattered to the wind, Grandma is living down at Shady Acres Assisted Living, Sunday family dinners only happen a few times a year if we’re lucky,  and I don’t like it one bit!

I was raised going to Grandma’s for Sunday dinner.  It was wonderful, too.  Roast beef, fried chicken, homemade noodles, tomatoes and string beans fresh from the garden, pies and cakes and a big crock of fresh peaches, cousins to play with, kittens and puppies, all the things that kids love.  And the older I get, the more I long for the simpler times when Sundays like the picture above was a regular occurrence.  I miss screen doors banging, pitchers of sweet tea, the sound of children’s laughter, sitting under shade trees, porch swings, I even miss dusty country roads

I think this weather is just getting to me.  It’s so isolating, I don’t go outside and sit on the patio, evening rides on Milly are not enjoyable, the lawns are dead, the landscaping stressed, and once again we’re going to 104 degrees by Wednesday.

And, I had a fun day planned tomorrow, but that went to hell in a handbasket, too, because of a “commitment”  that I totally forgot about. I don’t like those either.  I’m not liking a lot this Sunday afternoon, Little Miss Merry Sunshine is not in a good mood!  So there, I vented, I feel better!  Well, not really, but a girl’s gotta try…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena