Sunday, July 22, 2012

Houzz, the best thing I’ve found since Pinterest

Grand Westchester County Estate - traditional - kitchen - new york - Robin Baron_edited

If you love decorating, or just looking at beautiful houses, this site is for you!!!!!

Okay ladies, I always share my finds, well actually I didn’t find this one, my friend, Nisha, told me about it, but you all will just love this.

It’s pictures, thousands and thousands of pictures of beautiful rooms like the one above.  There are interior rooms, exterior shots, gardens, all styles of homes, it’s a decorator’s dream.  And the kids rooms are amazing!

For instance, I’m looking at kitchen photos right now,  and they have 98,135 kitchen design photos.   No, that’s not a typo, they have ninety.eight.thousand kitchen photos. You can filter by style if you want, or browse all of the pictures.  You can drill down and just look at breakfast nooks or islands or cabinetry, and much, much more.

I found this picture above by going to the kitchens area, and in the search box I typed, in quotes, “country kitchens” and started browsing.  I saw this picture and I’m like, oh, I love that mural over the stove.  *sigh* a girl’s gotta dream, and I do love roosters!  You can spend hours and hours on this site.  In fact, you will probably be wishing that Jan had never shown you this.  ;o)

After you register with their site, login and then you create your own ideabooks with the photos you like.  I even found a kitchen gadgets area, and of course I was all over that like a hot potato!

So go to houzz.com, sign up and start having fun.  If you have an iPad, there is an app you can download.

Prepare to be amazed at the selections.

~ sez jan gushing at the sheer magnitude of beautifulness…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena