Monday, March 5, 2012

I have a new Grandbunny…

buna

This is Petunia, afffectionately known as Bun-Bun, and yes she’s totally adorable.  John and Deanna wanted a black and white bunny, in memory of sweet Oreo, John’s much loved cocker spaniel who’s gone now, and here she is.

Deanna is an animal lover and Christmas ‘10 LC made her a rabbit hutch.  It sat between the birch trees in the back yard all last year, with cabbage planted underneath it, just waiting for a rabbit.  It was a busy time for them, so they didn’t pursue adding a bunny to their menagerie, but last weekend the time was right.  John found a breeder, and they drove to see her during the height of toronado warnings, while I stayed home with the dogs.  Needless to say, she arrived in a whirlwind!

She’s the gentlest little soul, loves to sit on your lap and let you cuddle her,  and she’s so soft.  Their cocker spaniel Izzie is wild with glee and will no doubt torture her relentlessly until the day comes when she’s a little bigger.  Then I have a feeling she will bite Izzie right on the snoot, and put her in her place.

Don’t you love baby animals in the springtime?  There is nothing better than fuzzy, downy little creatures that make you smile just to look at them…

1 comments:

  1. What a cute bunny! I had the sweetest, cutest little bunny when I lived in my apartment. He was a dwarf Holland Lop and had coloring sort of like a siamese cat, only darker. He was so adorable and never did any bad things in the house, like chewing on wires or anything (I had the cockatoos to tend to that!). I named him "BR" for Bunny Rabbit and loved him to pieces. When he got a little older, he would run around me in circles and then all of a sudden, just lift his leg and wee on me! I talked to a vet and she told me to have him neutered. I didn't realize they could neuter such small animals, but they did and he did just fine. He'd torment the cats, but other than that, he was just such a wonderful and sweet little companion. I regret so much that I never did take any pictures of him; I can't believe I don't have even one of the little guy! He died after I had a huge flea infestation in my apartment (from the cats); they must have just drained most of his blood and I had tried everything to get rid of them, but the vet told me you can't bathe bunnies (although I'm not sure that's entirely true) and I couldn't use any of the powder stuff on them....it was so sad. I took him to the vet and he was in the ICU for a couple of days, but he died a couple days later; I'd called and they told me he wasn't much better and I told them I thought he should be euthanized, but I wanted to be there to hold him; unfortunately, they were really busy when I came in and while I was waiting in the waiting room, BR died. I wish I'd told them I wanted to be with him until they were ready : (. Bunnies are such GREAT pets (as long as you don't have fleas!).

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena