Monday, February 27, 2012

My take on the Oscars aka The Martin Scorsese show

First of all, I don’t care how talented this man is, the cameras played to him all night and he was referred to time and time again and it was a big yawn!

And don’t get me started on Angelina Jolie who looked absolutely ridiculous with that leg thrown out of her gown, posing with her arm on her hip while presenting the award.  She looked imaciated, intensely uncomfortable, and absolutely over the top full of herself. I am not a fan!

And of course I have to refer to Jennifer Lopez’s nipple slip – did it show or did it not?  I immediately thought I saw a shadow when I was watching her, but I did enjoy her and Cameron Diaz and their back pose that didn’t come off and their laughing at themselves.

Billy Crystal, amazing as always, the man is a treasure, and has the quickest wit, he simply amazes me.

Meryl Streep was wonderful, and even though I found myself rooting for Viola Davis, the woman is a wonder, no doubt about it, the most talented actress of our time and I loved it when she gave credit to her long time husband and they both teared up and he put his hand over his heart, it was so touching.

What I did like – when they did the segment about the celebrities that passed last year, they appropriately finished it with Elizabeth Taylor.  I was just waiting for it to be Whitney Houston, and if it was I was ready to throw my lamp through the television screen.  At least somebody had some sense and gave her the final tribute, very fitting.

The gowns – really pretty, glamorous, and even though people seemed to love Penelope Cruz’s look, I thought it looked frumpy. 

And that’s it, my quick take, the show was way too long, but not too boring, and I loved Ellen and her vintage JCP commercial, she was so funny, as usual.

Okay, I’m done with this, I’m going out in the sunshine now, I’m finished with the Oscars…

1 comments:

  1. Jan! I agree with you on EVERYTHING! I was rooting for Viola, but....Meryl really is such a gift! And Angie...how dumb! She looked so unnatural in that idiotic pose. And her ARMS! OMG...she looked like a skeleton on TV...can you imagine what she looked like in person??? And they can say "she's got "x" number of kids, you eat the cheerios off the floor when you have time"...give me a break. She's got HELP...it's not like she's frantically scurrying after her brood trying to keep track of them! There's NO excuse for her to be that thin other than drugs or an eating disorder. PERIOD.
    JLo and Cameron were adorable. I kept looking at JLo too, wondering if I was seeing what I thought I was seeing, but ..really, WTH cares? Their laughing at themselves just made me like them more, and JLo has done a complete PR turnaround from the years of demanding all white flowers in her dressing room and throwing a fit if she didn't get it. She's so completely likeable now.
    I LOVED that they put Liz last in the tribute with her winking...so perfect! She was the quintessential movie star.
    Billy Crystal did a great job I thought; not mean and not insulting, just pleasant, funny and silly.
    I thought most everyone looked beautiful; there were a few kind of not-so-flattering gowns (Melissa McCarthy) and I so agree with you on Penelope's dress...I didn't like it at all. Not the color or the dress itself. I guess it would have been ok for some other outing, but not Oscar-worthy. I liked a lot of the gowns, but I honestly think the most perfect gown was on Stacy Keibler; she looked like an Oscar statue without looking tacky. I thought she and George looked gorgeous together, however short-lived or long that pairing might be! I also thought that Sacha Baron Cohen's stunt stunk. It was rude (first of all, I don't give a rat's ass about the Korean dictator, but there's a LOT of other people who really idolized him and I think it was just not funny...it could have been ANYONE but pick someone who's been dead for eons, not someone who people still deify. And to spill it all over Ryan Seacrest was just classless and insensitive. And unnecessary. He didn't have to defile anyone to get a laugh; he could have just dropped it somewhere on the carpet...anyway, that was my biggest beef! And me too...I'm over it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena