Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When grandchildren go home...

abby2-2012-01-31-12-54.jpg

It’s so quiet now, LC and I keep talking about Abby’s visit, remembering the cute things she said, and her infectious giggle when she was jumping on the bed. Of course she jumped on the bed, she’s at her grandparent’s house after all, she can do anything she wants.

I wish life was like it was in the old days, when families all lived nearby, and visits to Grammie’s house was a weekly occurrence. We went out for breakfast this morning, and I was talking to a grandmother who has all of her children in town. I was so jealous, and I’m not an envious person. *sigh* She’s just so sweet, I don’t want to miss a minute of her childhood.

But back to reality and another warm day, my friend Trish has phlox that are blooming, I just checked my chives in the garden, and I see green shoots peeking through the soil. I have spring fever and it’s not February yet. I’m glad to be finishing out this month, January has always been my least favorite time of the year, now I can look forward to Valentine’s Day and a hopefully early spring…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena