Friday, June 3, 2011

Things I’m enjoying this summer…

Simple food:  For breakfast, a scoop of cottage cheese, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries, all mixed together with a packet of Splenda.  Thanks Linds for telling me to do this.  Her recipe calls for honey and almonds, all layered in a parfait glass.

Oatmeal made from old-fashioned oats, with two teaspoons of cocoa stirred in before it’s cooked.

Iced tea with a wedge of orange, always reminds me of Mother.

Smells:  Dove Body Mist, Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena

Dial Body Wash, Spring Water

Sounds:  Smooth Jazz from Monterey Bay, NPR Classical Music, The waterfall in my garden

Flowers:  Invincibelle, a new variety of hydrangea, Candy Corn Plant, just for fun

Books:  I just finished Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews – great summer read.  If you’re not familiar with this author, you’re missing out – All of her books are so much fun, Savannah Blue, Savannah Breeze, The Fixer Upper to name a few, check her out.  Deanna and I both really enjoy her…

Robyn Carr – oh, so good, especially the entire Virgin River Series.  Yep, Deanna and I have read all of these also, fifteen books in this series.  Start with book one, Virgin River and you will quickly be enchanted with the folksy people that live in Virgin River.  Awesome reads…

Kristin Hannah and Rachel Gibson are also on my favorites list this summer.  I bought an iPad 2 a couple of months ago, it’s just the most fantastic computer, ever!  The iBook reader is seriously to-die-for, read all about it here

But, of course, my favorite thing this summer is anything having to do with Abby.  Lindsay is so good about letting me know what cute things she is doing, constantly sending us pictures, she’s an amazing mother.

And that’s what I’m up to this summer, I hope all of you are enjoying your lazy days as much as me….

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena