Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This is how she rolls at my house…

I have issues with telephone handsets.  I lose them, frequently.  In fact, last summer hubby threw what was left of the old ones away and bought an entire new set of phones because I had lost most of the old ones.  He was smart this time, the base unit is corded, so I can’t lose it.  But the other three phones are cordless and we didn’t have the new phones a week until one of the cordless ones came up missing.  I really felt bad about it, and we never did find it, despite his turning the house upside down looking for it.  He couldn’t understand how I could lose so many phones, and of course, as usual, Ditzy Dora here was totally clueless.

Well, today he was digging around in the sofa in the den, who knows why, and he felt this hole kind of in the side of the couch, and lo and behold, not one, not two, but three handsets had fallen in the hole.  Two of them were from the previous phones, and he found the one I lost right after he bought the new ones.  He had gone through all the sofas many times, but didn’t realize that there was this empty pocket in the side where things could fall through.

I really feel sorry for the man sometimes, I seriously do.  I am just such a space cadet with telephones, with no forethought about putting them back where they belong after I finish talking.  I seldom lose my cellphone, and I never lose car keys, that’s his thing, losing the car keys, but for the life of me, I can’t remember to put those stupid phones back on their chargers. And, even though we have a little finder button on the main unit, the handsets have to be charged for them to beep, and if they are lost, of course they aren’t going to beep, their batteries are dead.

But life is good in Heavensville this afternoon, all the phones have been restored to their rightful places, and I was even motivated enough to finally set up the phonebook on the main unit, even put in my speed dials. 

Now what else can I do while I wait out this weather.  I need to redo the index page of munchiebusiness.com, maybe I’ll work on that later in the week, or maybe I’ll just talk on the phone, or maybe I’ll do none of the above, but I won’t be making another pie for a long, long time, that’s for damn sure.  Weaning myself off sugar today is not a good time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena