Sunday, January 9, 2011

You don’t rule dogs, they rule you…

dog Oh sure, they look innocent enough.  It’s why they get by with all they do.  They’re so darned cute that I give into them.

It’s cold outside, they go for a potty run really fast and then they’re back in the house.  And they both go to the fireplace, stand in front of it and stare me down until I turn it on.  Then they stretch out in front of it and go to sleep. 

And when they get hot, they move to the chair.  No, let me rephrase that, they take over the chair.  And I let them.

Maggie regularly stands on this chair in the living room, peering around at me in the sunroom on the computer and crying.  She keeps it up, whines and cries, and at first I didn’t know what was wrong with her.  But I got onto her little game really fast, she wants me to flip on the fireplace while she naps in the chair.  And heaven forbid I take this throw off, she scratches and makes her nest with it, now it’s full of pulls, and looks just awful, but I don’t throw it away, she enjoys it too much.  Maggie is always the instigator, she gets the ball rolling, especially letting me know when it’s time for their afternoon “snack,” then Mollie chimes in, barking along with her.

And yesterday was bath and haircut day, and let me tell you, Miss Molasses Maybelline was just a little shit!  She’s normally a trooper, actually enjoying getting her “hur did,” but not yesterday.

It’s too cold to groom them in the garage, and so the deed was done on my computer desk.  I’m halfway thru Mollie’s haircut and she decided she was done with it, and refused to stand up any longer.  She refused!  And so she has this crazy lopsided do, because there is no way you can scissor her tummy and legs when she’s laying down. Maggie was actually the little trooper, because even though she had tangles, she patiently stood there, letting me get it all combed thru.

And that’s life around here, I just never expected to be ruled by two five pound fur kids, but I am, and I wouldn’t change them for the world…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena