Monday, January 10, 2011

What's going on with me, is this part of the aging process?

I've blogged many times about my struggles with television and not finding programs I enjoy, but I find lately that it's intensifying.  I  no longer enjoy The Young and The Restless, and I was a fan from day one.  I find Regis and Kelly silly and insipid, the ladies of The View are hideous, even my beloved Brothers and Sisters is falling short this season with their stupid storyline about Justin being a paramedic and Kitty and her boy toy relationship.  I have no interest in the "O" network, except for Cristina Ferrare, she is absolutely wonderful.   I long ago gave up my fascination with Oprah, who is so impressed with herself that I can barely tolerate her.

What's wrong with me?  I've always been a die hard television fan, eagerly anticipating my roster of shows.  And now, they just bore me.  Am I alone, are some of you struggling along with me?

What do I enjoy?  FoodTV - I love watching the Barefoot Contessa, even the annoying ones like Giarda DeLaurentis and Rachel Ray hold my attention.  Paula Deen is so over the top, but her campy style makes me laugh.  I also enjoy the last hour of Today with Kathie Lee Gifford, who I used to not like at all.  I like to watch developing news on FOX, and most of all I enjoy winding down my day with HGTV, especially International House Hunters.

Oh, how my tastes have changed.  I can't help but wonder if this is just a phase, or if it's a lifestyle change.  Time will tell, I guess, and in the meantime, I'll just keep on truckin'..,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena