Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Dinners….

In our family we have breakfast, lunch and dinner, except  on Sunday when the noon meal becomes dinner.  I’ve always loved it, too.  Just something about Sunday morning in the kitchen.  But now hubby works on Sunday, there is no family at home, so my “dinner”  is a soup and a salad “lunch.”  And even that is scaled back because I took a walk on the wild side and had a sesame seed bagel at with my coffee at Donut Bank this morning. Grrrr!  And all the time I was eating that damn bagel, I was watching all the other people scarfing down donuts, cinnamon rolls, long johns, muffins, all the good stuff. ROARRRRRRRR

But I remember when Sunday dinner was a big production, fried chicken, meat loaf,  roast beef, wonderful veggies in butter sauce, hot bread, killer desserts.  Oh, those were the days.  We just ate and enjoyed it.  Didn’t really think about the fat or the cholesterol, just enjoyed the meal.

Now that my brain is always conscious of what I’m eating, even when it’s bad, I don’t have that freedom that I once did, and I miss it. 

So tonight, I’m having Sunday “supper.”  I got some scallops at the store for hubby, salmon for me, a little garlic whole wheat pasta, a big salad, and voila, Sunday supper.  Not quite the same as pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy and biscuits, along with a warm piece of pie. :o(

Is it worth it?  All this healthy eating?  Sometimes, I wonder, girlfriends, sometimes I seriously do. 

~ jan, feeling deprived ~

1 comments:

  1. Jan~ you are so good about your eating! But to feel deprived sucks! Not that I'm one to preach, but this is what really really worked for me when I was training. I would be RELIGIOUS about my eating plan all the time..but I got ONE "cheat" day a week. Which meant I could basically eat ANYTHING that I wanted that ONE day. After you've made so much progress and have gotten away from eating crappy food (or just bad for you food), you make better choices even for that one day. But if you want to go crazy, you can. You just have to end it there, LOL...maybe just choose ONE thing, like your favorite dessert or something with tons of cheese or sour cream or whatever floats your boat...it does help a little. You have something to look forward to, but you're still disciplined. Works for me....

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena