Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ironing, it’s a lost art….

Back in the day I ironed every week, standing over the ironing board, ironing big baskets of clothes. Hubby’s dress shirts, the kids clothes, pillowcaes, creasing our jeans, the steam just rolling and spitting from the iron.  It was a pain in the patootie, too.

Those days are long gone, creases in jeans are totally wrong and have been since the 80’s, the kids are grown, hubby’s shirts get a quick going over the morning he wears them.  I iron on demand.  It’s been years since our clothes have all been pressed and hanging in the closet.  My linen shirts hang unworn a lot of times because I just don’t want to dewrinkle them…

Maybe I should do it once more, just for old times sake, catch up on my ironing.  Huh, what am I thinking? That’s hard work ironing, nope, I’ll just keep on ironing them when we need them.  It’s working for me so far…

1 comments:

  1. I loathe ironing. If men ironed, I suspect "the wrinkled look" would be a trend. I subscribe to Jackie Kennedy's yearbook lifetime goal "to never be a housewife".

    I justed checked on Google - guess who invented permanent press fabric? Ruth Rogan Benerito a woman!!! Of course. A new heroine!!!
    ~ Nancy Mehegan http://www.Vaboomer.com

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena