Sunday, April 26, 2009

I’m in the kitchen, today…

Ryan and Lindsay are coming for dinner, so it’s meatloaf for the guys, and salsa chicken and brown rice for the girls.

I just finished making a lemon vinaigrette from a recipe I posted on Jan Can Cook for Apple Pear salad.  Does a tossed salad with lemon dressing go with Mexican?  Probably not, but we both adore lemon,and after making this dressing, I once again question why I ever buy dressing from the market.  It just takes five minutes to whip up an amazing concoction, for a fraction of what you pay in the grocery.  I did a few alterations on the dressing, as Dilly is more of a tart than sweet girl, I’ll post the recipe later for you on Jan Can Cook.

I’m also making Roni’s healthy lemon poppyseed muffins for breakfast in the morning.  I made an applesauce muffin recipe from SparkPeople last week, I’ve eaten them for days,  they’re so good, full of whole wheat and flax seed meal, good stuff, and only 2 points.  I’ve got pictures, I need to get that posted as well.

It’s so pretty, and there are fleurs to plant on the patio, it’s hard to stay inside on the computer.

Enjoy this pretty day, I’ll be back later with an update.cupcake-small

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena