Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kathie Lee, I guess I’m mellowing in my old age….

I’m usually in the kitchen at 10am, either cleaning up from breakfast, or putting something in the crock for later in the day, and I have the television on.  I’ve watched The View until I just can’t stand them anymore.  I’m tired of their bickering, interrupting each other and making over Barbara WaWa like she is the most wonderful woman that ever sat on her throne.

There is nothing on FoodTv that interests me at 10am, so I’ve taken to watching Kathie Lee on Today 4th Hour.  A long, long, long time ago I actually enjoyed her, before she got full of herself and talked endlessly about her kids, Casserole and Codster (hey I didn’t make that up, that’s what she called them) and her stud muffin hubby, Frank.  But when the National Enquirer set him up with that flight attendant, and got the goods on him, I really did feel sorry for her, she put on a happy face and got on with her life when she must have been destroyed, but I still didn’t like her.

Fast forward to 2009, either I’ve mellowed, or she has, because I’m actually enjoying her again.  Just this morning she was in the street, asking political questions and giving away cd’s, and there was this early 40’s something guy, and Kathie Lee said that he told her he had a crush on her since she was a kid.  So she asked her question, he answered enthusiastcally, and she said to him about the cd, “you must want this really bad.”  He answered her by saying, “oh babe, you have no idea.”  And what did she do, she kissed the guy full on the lips!  Oh, she was so grateful.  I get it, don’t you???

Let’s face it, how long has it been since somebody other than our long suffering spouses have said anything remotely suggestive to us.  Warmed the cockles of my heart, this frosty morning in Heavensville.  Bless that guy for giving an old gal a thrill….

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena