Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hungry Girl...

Do you all know about Hungry Girl? If not, boy are you missing out... Hungry Girl is a healthy eater's best friend. Notice I said healthy eater, not dieter - it's my latest approach in tricking my mind into staying away from the bad stuff. We'll see how this works out for me six months from now.

Anyhoo, Hungry Girl has a website - hungrygirl.com, and she also publishes a daily, Monday thru Friday, newsletter that is just DA BOMB!!! She has all the latest products, recipes, complete with weight watcher points and today she published a pumpkin pie recipe.

Now the crust for this pie is made with Fiber One Cereal, and this cereal, which happens to be just 60 calories a cup, is pretty good with Splenda and blueberries sprinkled on it. I've heard about this piecrust for awhile now, and have never made it. You pulverize the cereal, mix it with Splenda, light butter, water and cinnamon and Voila, you have a faux graham cracker crust ... So I got my fanny in gear this morning, made the pie, and it's in the oven as we speak.

Want the recipe - go on over to Eating Right - I published it on that board, so we could have it in the recipe archives.

CLICK HERE to access my Eating Right blog and view the recipe, and I'll let you all know how this pie turns out - 2 points per slice - that's Weight Watcher talk for REALLY low calorie - I may have TWO slices!!!!

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena