Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What I'm enjoying lately...

Okay ladies, time to roll out the "What's Jan Enjoying" blog.

Here's what interests me this spring. Oh, all of this stuff is hyperlinked, so you can check it out fast!

I continue to be a gossip mongrel. I make no apologies. I read People, TMZ, Perez Hilton, The Superficial and A Socialite's Life daily. Well, Janet Charlton, too, and others, but I won't get carried away. I'm way too old for this stuff, but I blame it on being brought up in the drug store where Mother worked and reading all those Photoplays and other "movie star" magazines.

I'm really getting into Google Reader. It took me awhile, even though Hooterville kept telling me how great it was, but then isn't everything Google does great?

I'm thoroughly enjoying Rosie's O'Donnell's daily video blogs. Scroll midway down the page of her site and check out her Monday Monday entry. Helene, her hairdresser is my fave.

I continue to be a dedicated scrapper. I'm not making a lot of pages these days, I'm more addicted to BUYING the stupid kits. It's a dollar here, $2.50 there, and before you know it, you're up to $20.00. Oh well, gotta spend it on something.

I still watch Y&R, actually I KIVO it, KI-VO, that's because I don't have TI-VO, I have KI-VO (I record it on my computer and watch a week at a time, well technically I guess thats CI-VO, you get the picture). The acting has gotten really bad lately, REALLY BAD, and now it's almost summer so they will be rolling out the teenyboppers to try and boost the summer ratings. Can't wait for that. :-( The spoof of this show, called the Genoa City News is an absolute hoot. If you like parodies, this one is a must read.

I'm really, REALLY enjoying Perfect Light Desserts by Nick Malgieri, and David Joachim. Everything I've made has been a hit. Fantastic cookbook, just fantastic. I just ordered The Perfect Scoop, an ice cream cookbook. I've gotta get some use out of that spendy Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker I bought a couple of summers ago. I get teased a lot by the family cause it just sits on the shelf.

I also bought a new kitchen chopper from Williams-Sonoma. I had their first version, this one is new and improved, love the fact that it makes perfect small dice and now it's self contained so it doesn't make a mess. It's a great gadget, one of my all-time faves!

And that's some of what I'm up to. What about all of you, what are you enjoying. The comment section of my blog is seldom used, but this is a great opportunity to click on it, send me a comment about what you are liking or hating, depending on your mood. Love that audience participation.

I also have several blogs that I read daily, mostly food ones. I can tell you about them, too, but that's another entry. I'm just killing time this morning, waiting to pick up my poor little Maggie from the groomer.

I'm so outta here....

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena