Tuesday, March 6, 2007

This wasn't one of my better ideas....

This morning I dropped a container of powder between my bed and my dresser that sits right next to the bed. And I need to tell you that it is a really HEAVY dresser with a marble top - so anyway, I'm trying to lean over and fish it out and I can't reach it - so I wiggle down farther, straining to touch the edges of it, no can do, so I manuever my head all the way in so that my shoulders are even with the dresser, and I grab it, then I start to back out but oh no, I can't because my head is STUCK. I'm talking REALLY STUCK - like there is absolutely no way that I can get it out. I can't budge the dresser, because the darn thing is heaver than anything you can imagine with that marble slab on top and I'm starting to panic.

I absolutely, positively cannot stand to be pinned in or pinned down, I have the worst claustrophobia known to man woman! My first impulse is to just pull my head out anyway I can, just get it out of there, but somewhere, inside my totally panicked brain, I'm realizing that I will do major damage if I do this. So I'm screaming for hubby who is in the garage, I'm REALLY SCREAMING LOUDLY for him to come RIGHT NOW!!!! Poor LC, he comes tearing into the bedroom thinking that I must surely be dying because of the panic in my voice and there I am with my rear in the air and my head totally stuck, and I'm screaming "GET ME OUT, GET ME OUT, GET ME OUT." By this point I'm starting to hyperventilate, I'm clammy, my palms are sweating, and I'm doing everything in my power to not just totally freak out and try and yank my head out. Poor hubby, he had to actually move the friggin dresser to get me unstuck.

My knees were like jelly, I was trembling, OMG, girlfriends, it was SO awful. And I'm thinking what was I doing? What if he wasn't home? What would I have done? What am I gonna be like in another few years???

My kids are already probably saying, "what are we gonna do about Mom." And I can't blame them, I am such a ditz - one of these days I'm gonna really get myself in a bind. And that would have been THIS day, had dear hubby not have been home.

So here I sit, telling you about it, when most people would just keep it to themselves. But, maybe some of you will remember this and stop and think before you do something really stupid. I'm not alone with my senility, a lot of you are doing stupid things right along with me as we age. Just thank goodness we can call each other up and talk about it and yes, we laugh about it.

But trust me, this wasn't funny at all - oh whatever was I thinking squeezing my head in that little space! Egads I am so STUPID!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena