Monday, February 19, 2007

Poached Eggs, Toad-in-the-Hole and other such breakfast triviolities...

I'm not even an egg person, so I don't get why I have this obsession with poaching eggs. Now Trisher, she's the egg woman, she boils a dozen at a time and eats them daily, well not the whole dozen, she just stores them in her fridge. Trust me, I know this because I've borrowed enough of them when I need one for a salad. Anyway, I think it's just that it's the eggs/spring thing, and wishful thinking for me, and memories of making the boys Toad-In-The-Hole (cut a hole in a slice of bread with a round juice glass, put a pat of butter in a skillet, and when it starts to sizzle, put in the bread, break an egg in the middle, toast one side, flip toast the other) that made me Google how to poach an egg this morning... Now I used to have this little handy-dandy egg poacher for Ryan, since he loved them, but it's long gone, so I did it in the skillet (small skillet, 2 teaspoons of vinegar, a dash of salt in water boiling at a simmer) boiled it for 3 minutes, lifted it with a slotted spoon to my plate, doused it with Hot Sauce and salsa and it was pretty good. Would have been better on a toast point, but that's another day...

And speaking of Hot Sauce, it was time to throw out the old, purchase the new, so I bought Frank's Hot Sauce, came home, told Hooterville what I bought, she's saying, "oh, no, you got the wrong one, Louisiana Hot Sauce is way better, she's right of course, she's always right, the Louisiana Hot Sauce is lots better, I started dousing it all over my taco salad, and when that was wonderful, I started putting it on EVERYTHING. Kind of reminescent of when a kid douses all of their food with ketchup! Am I regressing? With hot sauce? Probably, but who cares... Works for me...

Now go poach yourself an egg and see how it works for you....

1 comments:

  1. Doug used to eat the "egg in the hole" thingie all the time. I might have to fix me one of these now ... haven't had one in years :o)

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena