Wednesday, January 31, 2007

For ANYONE out there who is trying to let their hair grow...

I feel your pain. I'm determined to let my layers grow, let my hair grow to a below the chin something or other. I've tried doing this for a year now, and everytime I cave and get it cut. I've been short and spiky since I was fifty. That was seven years ago. Time for a change. I want a softer look, to go with my softer body. arughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And not only am I letting my layers grow, for the first time since high school I'm letting my BANGS grow. It's quite the ordeal...

And just when I am all settled in with my complaining for the day, something happens that makes me realize that I need to just live in the moment and enjoy the day for what it is. And it happened while I was..... making my bed. Making my bed??? Yep.

I happened to be "trying" to make my bed with a three pound bundle of energy on top of the sheets. Ms. Maggie Moo was a doggie dynamo this morning. She was barking and growling, and tugging on my covers. It's hard to be in a bad mood when you have this adorable little furball just giving it everything she's got.

So we played. We played peek-a-boo with the blanket, we played tug-of-war with the sheets. She barked, she growled, she jumped on the pillows, then she ran laps on the mattress. It was so funny, I just laid back on the bed and cracked up. And then she covered my face with doggie kisses.

It's still cold, my hair is still funky, but Munchie is asleep by my side, and Mags, tired now, is asleep in my lap... and life is good....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena