Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I love summer

We planted hydrangeas this summer, first ripping out the ugly woody, spindly, Little Princess Spirea that had been here for years.   I've wanted to do this for quite a while, and poor hubby wasn't really crazy about the idea of tearing out all of the spirea and digging all those holes for a bed of hydrangeas under a root bound tree,  but this year he decided it would be better to do it and just get it over with, so I would shut up about it.  We planted Forever & Ever Peppermint, a bed of eight plants,  and oh, they are so pretty, it  makes me smile when I walk to the front door.  When they grow into a mass, they will be glorious.

 Remember what gardeners always say, the first year they sleep, the second year they creep and the third year they leap.  They're so pretty now, I can't imagine what they will look like in two more years.

Photo1Photo1

 

The patio is coming along, too, it's really shady now, the trees are maturing and i'm limited on what I can plant.  More pictures later, when the plants grow a bit more.  We have had such a cool spring that everything got a late start.

 

Photo1

Now if it would just stay like this, everything lush and green, but hot days are ahead, and summer won't be nearly as much fun as it is right now.  Gotta live in the moment and enjoy this great weather while I have it...

3 comments:

  1. Hydrangeas are one of my favorites! Yours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't checked the blog in a while. Love the new planning and always envy your patio area. I want a patio home so badly---hard to find one like you have. Great to see the grandchildren. Your blog---perfect---as always.

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena