Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mustard really does relieve burn pain

Photo

 

I baked an egg white omelet in a small skillet in the oven this morning, took it out sat it on the cutting board, got out a plate and grabbed the handle to flip it!!!  Immediately threw the pan in the sink as the pain from the steel handle was unreal.  I never put skillets in the oven, and the handles don't get hot on top of the stove, just totally screwed up ladies.  The entire palm of my hand is burned, along with thumb and lower index finger.

Hubby wanted me to go to convenient care, but I didn't want major pain meds, I hate taking that stuff, instead I put ice on it, we called Ryan, who talked to pharmacist at CVS and we picked up several different aloe products.  Meanwhile my hand is screaming with pain, it's a solid 10, I can't tolerate not having ice on it, the aloe products maybe took it down to a 9, and I'm desperate.

I came home, looked online and The People's Pharmacy said to slather it in yellow mustard.  The comments were positive, over and over people said it worked for them.   I was really skeptical, I just didn't see how I was going to stand it without the ice, but hubby got my beloved Plochmann's Mustard out of the fridge, squeezed it all over my hand, and the relief was immediate.  

I was still skeptical, but it continued to feel better, he wrapped my hand in gauze, now the pain is a 4 and this is a bad burn.  Remember this home remedy ladies for when you have a burn, I'm just amazed at how well this works.  Of course you smell like mustard and crave a hotdog, but I'm surprised that I can even joke about this right now.

I'm going to be reading more about People's Pharmacy, I'm so impressed...

Read what other people say about this remedy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena