Friday, March 8, 2013

Mediterranean Diet Information

Photo1 5

Lunch was diced cucumbers, onions and tomatoes, marinated in olive oil and red wine vinegar, shredded lettuce and garlic hummus, all stuffed into a whole wheat pita pocket.  Was it good?   YES…..

Here is some more info for you.

I got this book at the library, The Miami Mediterranean Diet Expanded Edition.

NewImage


It's a fast read, catchy title, looks like they are trying to knock off South Beach with this look, but it has a 300 recipes, a lot of them look really good, but since I'm just getting started, I haven't had a chance to try anything.  I tend to get more of my information online, but I did want several recipes in one place to get me started.

If there is a "con" to this way of eating, it's that you have to cook.  No way around it.  But I like being in the kitchen, so it isn't a stretch for me.  I haven't eaten chicken or fish yet this week, the beans, yogurt, olive oil and nuts satisfies me, I'm not hungry,  let's put it this way, this is so much better than low carb.  Every single time I do low carb, I say never again, and then in a desperate attempt to lose 5 lbs. yesterday, I cave and try it again. And it works, until you eat one little cookie, and then you blow up like a balloon!  So goodbye low-carb, hello Mediterranean Diet.  At least for this week...

Now for some links:

Living a Heart Healthy Lifestyle - this tells you what you need to eat...

Meditteranean Diet Menu Plans

1200-Calorie Mediterranean Diet

Breakfast Recipes

How to Eat a Mediterranean Diet for Heart Health

Mediterranean Meal Plan

This should be enough to tell you everything you want to know.

Dinner tonight - baked cod, frozen lima beans, baked sweet potato, green salad - afternoon snack is that yummy yogurt concoction I showed you yesterday.  Now you have it, a synopsis of what it's like to eat this way.  

Hope it's a good day wherever you are, temps are warming in Heavensville and the sun is shining.  Life is good…  ~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena