Monday, March 18, 2013

Maybe I CAN go home again, if only in my dreams…

IMG_2905_edited

 

If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you know all about my long standing love affair with ditches.  I was raised in a little house next to a ditch bank, not a creek, we weren’t trendy in those days, it was a ditch, and I loved it!  So much so, that I’ve had a life long love affair with ditches and water ever since.

Fast forward to this past weekend, when my friend Trish showed me an area, unknown to me, drivable to on my golf cart, that has a wonderful ditch.  I can drive Milly right up on a little bluff that overlooks it, pop out a lawn chair, and with Maggie in my lap, read a good book, and I’ll be set for many happy afternoons this spring.  In fact, this picture reminds me a lot of my beloved ditch.  I used to sit on the bridge by the side of our house, perched high above the ditch and sit and dream.  The little bluff sits high, and so I can “kind of” recreate my childhood.

You can see the beginning of green in this picture, and if you look really hard, a cardinal is sitting on a branch.  This is my kind of living, mother nature at her finest.  Oh Trisher, I owe you for finding this spot!   Now if it would just warm enough for me to be outside…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena