Friday, February 15, 2013

Sitting on the Porch...

NewImage

Oh dear, I think I'm revisiting my childhood again.  I'm dreaming of sitting on the porch, and have been for a couple of months now.   I grew up on the "front porch" swing.  Even though it made me nauseous as heck, I would swing for hours.  I played with my dolls in the porch swing, watched the train across the field, grew up and sat with boyfriends on the porch swing, it was wonderful.

And now I want to sit on the porch again.   I do have a slight problem, though, no porch!  I do have that wonderful patio, but it's not the same thing as sitting on the porch.  So I'm going to improvise.

LC made me a little quasi courtyard in front of the condo a couple of years ago, it's just a small flagstone area by the front door,  and I fill it with pots in the summer, and I have a little bistro table and chairs and an umbrella.  Perfect, right, wrong!

Those chairs are so uncomfortable, and even if I put cushions on them, they sit upright and just aren't meant for relaxing on a spring morning, drinking coffee, watching Maggie scamper in the grass, checking out the horses in the pasture, and so  I'm on a quest.  I want a comfy chair to sit in.  Not as easy as you would think, though, because it has to look good.  I can't have a funky chair sitting in front of the condo.

So I'm looking thru the gardening books, getting ideas.  Should I do an Aidorondeck rocking chair with pretty cushions, or something in iron that swivels and rocks?  If anybody has any thoughts, please email me. I could use a little assistance as to what type of chair.

I'm still going to use my umbrella with it (small umbrella on a stand) and I'll surround it with lots of fleurs, so it will nestle in, but I'm pretty stumped at this point as to what type of chair it's going to be.

I could use some help, ladies.  

Now go, enjoy your Friday and think hard for me...

~ Jan

Note;  Hubby came up with this one from Sears.  Price is right, $200 - I could add cushions, repaint it if I don't like the color, it's a possibility.  Still wondering about that Aidorondeck rocker.  Would love suggestions...
 

NewImage

 

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena