Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Robin Roberts Returns to GMA

NewImage


Am I the only one that thinks this entire Robin Roberts saga  has gone way too far?  It's wonderful that she's beating cancer, she's a lovely woman, bright, driven, obviously very loved.  But as I watched the launch of what I dubbed "Queen Mary" this morning, it just didn't sit right with me.  I'm thinking how much is genuine, and how much is done for the ratings.  And if her doctors need to be there, monitoring her return, is she really ready?  

Sorry, but it just seems so wrong to chronicle her journey for the purpose of improving ABC's ratings on morning television.  I just don't think it's very ethical.  That is all...

1 comments:

  1. Jan, I so agree with you! I am SO SICK of them touting Robin Roberts CONSTANTLY that I finally just stopped watching morning tv. I don't wish anything bad to her and I wouldn't wish her illness on anyone, but seriously....she's a newsperson...she works for the network....and that's all she is. She's not some mega star and if I hear about her freakin' college basketball career ONE MORE TIME, I think I'm going to puke! I don't care about her coming back or not; I don't think she makes or breaks daytime television, and ditto with the other channel....the one that has Today on....WTF cares about Al Roker's gastric bypass journey and his stupid book? I don't care about their life at all to tell you the truth; I hope they're healthy and happy, but I dont' want to be manipulated to watch a danged hour show dedicated to Robin (like WHAT the hell has she done other than be a nice person???...if that were the case, they'd be doing an hour show on YOU!) or constant interviews with Al on his network about his stupid book. I've had it with all of them...it just feel so manipulative and wrong....they're shoving their own workers down our throats!

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena