Sunday, February 10, 2013

My life since last Tuesday

NewImage

 

It was last Tuesday morning that I realized I had to do something about a Valentine's Day header before the holiday was over.  And instead of just throwing up a new header, oh no, I decided to do a complete overhaul of The Dish.

So what's the big deal, it's not that different,  but figuring it out was a total nightmare.  I paced the floor, I stepped away, thought about it, went back to it, gave up in frustration, tried it again, and again, and again, and again.  I threw more than one hissy fit, I banged my head against the wall, literally, and paced some more.  Did it help, of course not, but it probably saved my sanity.

Bottom line, I don't know enough about css to code diddly squat.  There was no help to be had, I was out there hanging, and I finally got the header in place, but I couldn't get the background image inserted showing a white posting area.  And i could't  make the white posting area have a drop shadow around both edges.  Arrrrughhhhhhhh

I spent the entire weekend on this, I'm not kidding, poor hubby made  lunch today, cooked dinner tonight, but I persevered.  And finally, finally it's working.  Not built according to standard code, but it works!

And I don't even like the striped background, but switching it to something else now will be a walk in the park compared to what I've gone through.

Surely some of this concentration will help keep my brain cells from dying.  You would think!!!!

Sorry to bore all of you with this, but at this point I don't know if I'm venting or doing the happy dance here.  

And I need a serious redo on Jan CAN Cook, but not this week, my brain and my butt both need a rest, I'm practically glued to this chair!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena