Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Flu Symptoms

Screenshot 1 8 13 5 54 PM

The flu season is in full swing, and frankly, it scares the beejusus outta me.  I don't want to be sick!  It takes me FOREVER to recover now that I've gotten old(er).

So I'm online, reading, and find the following information.  Looks like if I develop symptoms, yours truly is going to be hotfooting it to the convenient care clinic ASAP!

Seasonal flu is a contagious respiratory infection caused by different flu viruses.  It's important to understand flu symptoms so you can seek immediate treatment, especially if you have a chronic medical condition.

The earlier you recognize that you have the flu can also make a difference in how long it lasts. Prescription medications called antiviral drugs -- Relenza and Tamiflu -- are most effective when given within 48 hours of the onset of flu symptoms. These flu drugs are effective against the typical strains of seasonal flu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena