Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Parfum and old women...

54danatabu

There is nothing in this world worse than heavy, sweet overpowering cologne, even worse when it's on an old women.  

I was in line today behind this lady that had on the most obnoxious, heaviest, cloying perfume ,  the smell was so overpowering it was nauseating.  It took me back to when I was a little girl and mother always wore Tabu, the most gawdawful perfume known to (wo)man.  I remember getting so car sick, especially in the winter when she would have the heater on full blast, that horrid  Tabu would just permeate the entire interior of the car and I would turn positively green!

Why do you always notice all of these heavy scents on old(er) women?  Is it because they've worn the same fragrance for years and years and haven't changed with the time?  All of the old perfume houses still sell the fragrances that were popular back in the day, but times have changed, perfumes have gotten lighter, they aren't overpowering like in the old days.  

Thank goodness for daughters-in-law who buy me trendy scents.  But even if they didn't, I wouldn't wear the heavy stuff.  Okay, one exception, I've always loved Chanel No. 5, but I haven't worn it in years, I wonder if I would even still like it.

I remember in the 90's, I was such a fan of Giorgio and Red, then came the new millennium and I transitioned to Calvin Klein and Clinique Happy.  And these days I'm enjoying Marc Jacobs, Daisy, a fragrance that Lindsay bought me last year.

So if you're stuck in a time warp with your fragrance, maybe it's time to rethink it, the person behind you in line will be so grateful.  

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena