Friday, October 5, 2012

Different Strokes for Different Folks….

Hubby had me up and out of the house this morning by 6am, groggily clutching my coffee cup, Maggie in my my arms, and we were off on an adventure.  It was a 200 mile garage sale, something near and dear to his heart, not so much to mine.   But I’m a nature lover, and it was a gorgeous fall day, and of course we didn’t go the entire route.  So here’s my day in pictures.

1hubby

I’ll do the token rummage sale first, that’s hubby, checking out the wares.

1house

These people really needed to have a good sale, yes they actually live in this house!

1barn2

And now for the country shots.  I’m a total sucker for old barns, I could spend an entire day just taking pictures of barns.

1ban

They don’t even have to be great ones, to me, they are all fascinating.

1hay

And speaking of fascinating, this is the strangest target practice range I’ve come across yet.  The poor little deer is missing his nose, is that somebody’s idea of a bullseye?

1 horse

We were in Amish country, and who isn’t fascinated by their simple lives.  And yes, I know I’m not supposed to take pictures of the Amish, but this is just their horse!

1amish

Okay, so I took a picture, it’s not that good, I was across the street, being incognito, and besides what’s with the colorful throw?  I thought the Amish believe that color is vain?  So, I guess he is?  Yes, I know I shouldn’t have taken his picture.  But there was this little devil sitting on my shoulder.

1amish2

Okay, so I took another.  But this all I took, I pinkie swear.  I know, I know, bad, bad, bad Jan!  I just couldn’t help it, and no, they didn’t realize I took their picture, but that doesn’t make it right.  And now I’m sitting here feeling guilty, hoping that if I wait it out the feeling will pass.  Okay, so it isn’t passing, I do feel bad, but I’m still posting the pictures!

1festival

And we went thru a little town that was all decked out for fall.  It was so quaint, and so colorful.

1main

And we could have eaten here, but we decided to go on a picnic.

1ferry

But first we had to cross the ferry.  And of course when we drove upon it, the boat was on the other side of the river, but that’s okay, we were just rambling...

1port

It didn’t take long before we were loaded and “rolling down the river.”

1mags

Maggie didn’t understand what was going on, but she was very interested in watching the shoreline.

river1

Who wouldn’t like to picnic here, overlooking the bend in the river.  It was perfect, absolutely, positively perfect!

1fleurhouse

And finally this lovely old home, total overkill, of which I am a fan.  The colors were wonderful.

1fleurs

Oh, wouldn’t you love to sit on a cool autumn day on this porch, visit with the neighbors, read a good book, or just sit and look at all those lovely fleurs.

1fleursa

And that’s how I spent my day.  It was such a good time.  Now about those Amish pictures, still waiting for the guilt to subside.

Sad smile And you’re probably thinking, “if she feels that guilty, why did she go ahead and publish the darn pictures anyway?” 

Winking smileAnd I would reply, “it’s that little devil, I told you it is, it’s right there, sitting on my shoulder.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena