Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why does comfort food always evoke fond memories?

goulash

Yesterday was stormy, it was such a gloomy, dreary day, we had just gotten home from visiting dem grandbabies, the house was too quiet and we were  in much need of comfort food.  Well, not really, but it was a good excuse.  I had a pound of ground sirloin, so I was attempting to tell myself that this wasn’t really that many calories, umhmmm, sure it wasn’t!  But anyway, I made not only goulash, but corn and then I took it to a whole other level with mashed potatoes.  It was just the way mother made hers when I was a child.  LC thought it was amazing, or maybe it was just the night for it, who knows, all I can tell you is that it was so good that I’m posting the recipe on Jan CAN Cook.

Now this is simple, peasant food, with few ingredients, so if you’re looking for something more upscale, this isn’t the recipe for you.  However, if you want something that just satisfies you to the bone, then this is the recipe.  And whatever you do, don’t forget the mashed potatoes, that’s the key.  Trust me on this one.  It was so, so good!

Here’s the quick click.  Enjoy!

~ Jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena