Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I wish I had a porch swing…

swing

Doesn’t this picture just invite you to sit awhile, drink some iced tea, do a little bird watching…

We had a front porch with a swing when I was growing up.  There is nothing better in the summertime.  Breakfast on the swing, or a place to read a good book on a lazy afternoon,  but those days are long gone, and I have no where to put one now.  And my memory has grown a bit fuzzy over the years, actually the movement of the swing did make me a bit nauseous, and I never could rock and read, and I didn’t like breakfast as a child either, actually just thinking about eating breakfast on a swing is enough to turn me green, even now. Ugh!  And the one above needs a nice, soft pad, preferably in blue and yellow, a nice french provincial print would be nice, or even better, a cute little retro print of cherries, all done up in red and yellow, oh and it must have a ruffle, I do like ruffles on porch swing pads, they’re so inviting.

But I’m ruining the moment.  Just look at this beauty made from an old door and an old table.  People are so inventive.  I would have done something similar a few years ago, maybe I still would, if I had a place for a swing.  Well, actually poor hubby would be the one making it, I’m sure he’s delighted we have no place to put one. And I would still get nauseous and he wouldn’t be a happy camper, taking the time to make it, and me not being able to sit on it.  So maybe it’s for the best to just dream a little bit…

swing 2

And I need to give proper credit to the clever person that thought of this idea.  You can read all about this clever beauty at Huckleberry Lane.  Here’s the link…

Oh, when I read about the swing on their website and clicked thru to a duplicate that they are selling, the cost is $975.  NINE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS!  Holy Schmoly, that’s a pricey swing!  It is an original though, and I hope they sell it, making it was a lot of work and somebody had a great imagination…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena