Monday, July 23, 2012

Whaddya mean there’s no internet?

maxine_cartoon_joke

We’ve had issues for about a month now, intermittent signal, annoying as heck, too!  My neighbor Marti has same ISP as we do, I call her, she always has a connection.  Soooooo, I finally gave it in and called for a technician to come check the lines.

Now, I hate worse than anything, for these guys who have barely started shaving, to come to the house.  This one was a bit older, I’ve had worse, some of them are cocky, too, probably trying to appear knowledgeable so that people won’t notice that they just started shaving.  But anyhoo, this one said we have too much voltage coming into the house.  Too much voltage?  Now that’s a new twist, I haven’t heard this one before.

But the fact that he had to call his supervisor to confirm that this was the problem leaves me a bit skeptical as to how much he really know.  And he spent a lot of time in his truck, I figure that he was probably Googling for answers.  Nevertheless, he took away half our voltage, and for now I’m up and running.

But like I said, it’s intermittent, it may work today and not tomorrow.  He said the hot weather was affecting the cable.  Duh, it’s buried.

But what do I know, I just sit here, looking at the outdoor thermostat, and day after day it  says 99, 100, 101, you know the story, yours does too.  I can’t wait for November, surely it will cool off by then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena