Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy July 4th…

aflower

John and Deanna came yesterday to spend the 4th thru the weekend with us.  She brought me the loveliest flowers from her garden.

aflower1

Veggies from her garden, too.  I sauteed squash, onions, and peppers in bacon drippings last night.  It was wonderful!

aflower3

I went to the woods yesterday, and picked Abby’s very, very favorite flowers, Queen Anne’s Lace,  put them in a Ball Jar with red food coloring, just like Mother used to do.  John had a big smile on his face at the memory.  This morning they are starting to turn orange, I’ll post another picture once they are colored.  We’re visiting Lindsay and Ryan later this month, I want to color some for Abby, too.

aiz

They brought Petunia, the bunny, it was too hot to leave her at home.  They had just come in the house, Izzie is fascinated with Petunia.  She just lays and gazes at her in her crate, and Petunia inches up nose to nose with Izzie.  Aren’t animals the most wonderful thing?

And that’s our July 4th so far.  It’s another scorcher, already 95 degrees at 11 o’clock, so we’re obviously not going to be picnicking by the river to watch the fireworks like we normally do.

But, oh how I love having my family around me, so we’re in for a fun weekend.  John picked up my fabric for the bulletin board, so the guys are going to build it for me.  More pictures to come.

Keep cool and have a wonderful holiday!

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena