Friday, June 29, 2012

Let’s talk about the wea-ther!!!!!!

Weather Forecast Evansville, IN _ Evansville Weather _ Wunderground-1

Everybody is obsessed with the temperatures right now, and for good reason, it was 107 degrees yesterday, forecasting triple digits here for the next few days.  106 today, and then a gradual cooling to 100 by the 4th!!!!

YIKES, YIKES, YIKES, it’s hot!  Luckily, did I just say luckily???? we have no humidity so the heat index is aligned with the actual temperature. But the lack of humidity is because we’re in a severe drought situation, so that’s not good either.  The grass is straw, poor hubby is dragging hoses all over the yard, watering tree’s daily, our wonderful spring and early June have gone to hell in a handbasket!

My friend Nisha’s daughter, Mandi, lives in Scottsdale, and Nish said yesterday that she didn’t really mind the heat, that it was like being in Arizona.  And I’m thinking, Sweet Jesus, why would anyone want to live in Arizona?

You walk out the door and it’s like a furnace blasting you in the face.  My body was instantly hot, I was in a foul mood, too.  I will never understand why people “voluntarily” live in the desert, but then I don’t know why we “choose” to live in this climate either.  I would ideally like to spend my summers in Wisconsin, my fall in Heavensville, winter anyplace but Florida, I’m not a fan of wrinkle cities, and spend spring back in Heavensville.

But it isn’t a perfect world, people have jobs, so they live where they need to be.  Hubby and I are retired, but we love Heavensville, we have roots here, my good friends are here, and they are like family to me, so we stay.  I don’t want to leave my cozy little nest and go away for a season, I love having all my things around me.

So, when we have these record high temperatures that we’re having now, I just don’t  stick my head out the door from 10am until 7pm, that’s my only coping mechanism.

Bun-Bun is in the sunroom with me again today, Deanna and John are visiting over the 4th and will bring Petunia, who will join Butterbean (in a separate cage, of course ;o) no rabbit hanky panky going on in my sunroom! We have to take care of the furkids, they can’t cool off like we can.  The M&M’s are lazing their days away, drinking iced water, oblivious to the heat until they go out to potty, which happens pretty quickly, I might add, even they have no desire to stay out and sniff the grass straw.

Stay hydrated my friends, and Jan, quityerbitchin, and just be glad you have a cool house to live in!  This too shall pass…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena