Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Abby came to visit this past weekend.

Oh my, she’s so precious.  Every month she changes so much.  She talks nonstop now, and entertains all of us with the things she says.

1bin_editedP-Pa bought her another dollhouse, a great big one this time, and he bought her a Little Tykes Kitchen.  She was excited with both of them, but it was the binoculars he got her that captivated her the most.  She constantly walked around looking thru them, often bent over, telling us she was searching for “clues.”  She has Rapunzel Crocs, pink ones, that she picked out herself, and she thinks they’re wonderful.  She also loves necklaces, so she was all decked out in the things she loved.

2_editedWe took countless rides on Milly, and we went “really, really fast” and we squealed and laughed and sang as we rode along.  If I do nothing else with this grandchild, I want to instill a love of nature in her.  I’m doing a good job so far, we went to the woods, and she smelled the flowers, and touched the leaves.  We watched for birds, and listened to their songs, it was such a good time.

IMG_6960_editedThe Queen Anne’s Lace was her very, very favorite and she told everybody she saw that they were her very, very favorite flower.  Mother would have smiled if she knew that, Queen Anne’s Lace were her favorite, too.  She would pick them, bring them in the house and put them in a Ball Fruit Jar that was filled with water and food coloring.  Then we would have blue, yellow, red, all different colors of flowers.  I need to do that for Abby, it would be fun to relive that memory again.

She continues to love the iPad, it’s her other very, very, favorite thing.  She’s such a big girl, she sits now and plays on it by herself, and if I try to help, she says, “No thank you Grammie, I’ll do it by myself.”

4_editedShe enjoyed tromping through the grass with her Auntie Trisher.  They found butterflies and dragonflies, and she was so excited, pointing them out to me.  She also wanted to see Mr. Bunny Rabbit, but he didn’t cooperate and come out to visit.  Later in the day she did get to see a rabbit, he was eating by the side of the road and wasn’t phased at all by the little girl on the golf cart giggling at him.

She says the funniest things.  She was getting ready for bed, Mama and Daddy weren’t fast enough for her, so she grabs her blanket, takes off down the hall yelling, “Cmon team, let’s ROLL!” 

She now likes the dogs, too and wants to pick Maggie up and carry her around.  She calls them both “Pal.”  She says “Hiya Pal” or Whatcha doin’ Pal?”  I ask her Mom and Dad where she comes up with these things, and they just shake their head.  Who knows, but it sure is cute!

They were getting ready to leave Monday, and she came to me in the sunroom and said, “Grammie, I’m going to cry.”  Abby always tells you first, before she cries.  I sat her on my lap and asked her why and she told me “I don’t want to go home.”  Oh my, talk about tugging at the heartstrings.  I told her we were going to come visit soon and she shrugged her little shoulders, and just wilted, then gave  a big sigh and said in a little voice, “okay.”

And we will see her soon.  Lindsay’s due date is August 24th, so we’re going to visit next month and give her a little break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena