Friday, May 4, 2012

I’ve decided I don’t like gardening anymore…

george-marks-mature-woman-working-in-vegetable-garden

Oh, I’m sure I’ll feel differently tomorrow, but right now, after being outside since 7am, trudging to the garden center to buy a car full of plants, sweating in the sun, and being absolutely filthy, I don’t really like it much!

This was not my year to plant.  I wasn’t in the mood, just couldn’t get into it and ended up buying flats of begonias and impatiens and sticking them everywhere.  I threw in a few geraniums, hung all the ferns, like I normally do, but I didn't shop and plan and buy unusual plants.  Oh, it will all look good next month when it’s established, but I right now I’m just tired of messing with it!

I’m sure it’s just a passing thing, this old(er) country girl has always loved to dig in the dirt, and if Butterbean doesn’t absolutely destroy the patio, it will be colorful, even though it’s the samo.  The little scamp was trying to eat the stalks of my clematis this morning, I think I need a little fence around it, because he’s so fast I can’t watch him all the time.  I did plant him a huge oblong container of carrots, Burpee Kaleidoscope Mix, five different colors, and Short ‘n Sweet, little fat carrots.

But right now, I’m going to take my tired body to the comfy chair, with a glass of iced tea, Mags tucked in beside me and read for a bit.  I’ve definitely earned it today!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena