Saturday, April 14, 2012

My take on Trisha Yearwood’s premiere cooking show

Brownies with Coconut Frosting Well, she made these killer brownies with German Chocolate Cake Coconut Pecan Frosting, need I say more?  Yep, I posted the recipe, it’s on Jan CAN Cook.

She was a natural, relaxed, funny, obviously at home in front of a camera and it’s very evident that she knows her way around the kitchen.  I think she could be just a bit bawdy too, if she let loose, probably as a result of being on tour buses with all those guys in her band for years.  It was a good half hour.

So what’s bugging me?  Well, it isn’t anything to do with the show, it’s her references to “her” girls.  And here’s an excerpt from a newspaper about the show.

Although Yearwood said the couple's three daughters are interested in cooking, she doesn't plan to have them on any shows for matters of privacy. She and Brooks want the young women to continue to lead lives as normal as possible.

Okay, she’s a stepmom, I get that, but these aren’t “her” girls, they’re Sandy’s girls.  The girls belong to Garth Brooks first wife, whom, if you believe the tabloids, he left for Ms. Yearwood, and who lives just down the road from them, and who has battled breast cancer in the past few years.  The woman has had a lot to deal with.

If I were the “first” wife, it would bother me to no end to see the pretty, talented, stepmother referring to my daughters as “her” girls.  Maybe I’m being old fashioned, but for some reason, this really rubbed me the wrong way.

But I still like her, I think she is enormously talented, and maybe they are all one big happy family, I hope they are, and I hope by now that it doesn’t bother his first wife at all.  So why should it bother me?  Oh fiddledy-dee, I don’t know, just got a bee up my bonnet about it…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena