Saturday, January 14, 2012

Paula Deen has type 2 diabetes

PD_Pictures_Final_003_4x3

Yesterday, Paula Deen announced she had type 2 diabetes and the internet was all over her like mayo on white bread.  I have never read such negative posts in my life, people were absolutely gleeful, making fun of her, her “supposed” eating habits, and I thought it was just horrid!

Sure the woman is over the top, she cooks with fat, butter and grease, it’s her shtick people.  She’s a broad, not a lady, had she been a lady we wouldn’t be seeing her on television.  I’ve always found her funny, outrageous and her food divine.  I’m a southern woman, I’ve known versions of Paula Deen my entire life.  I cooked exactly like her back in the day, as well as most other people I know.  And it was wonderful, satisfying, glorious, wonderful food.

So for all the naysayers out there that are ridiculing her and the fact that she now has diabetes, shame on you.  This could be your mother, or aunt or someone you love. 

I’m off my soapbox, but I was just livid and had to vent. That is all…

1 comments:

  1. I agree 100%. Paula is great and I have a lot of her books, personal and cook. Diabetes is not funny.......................I also have it. It can be controlled and live a normal life. You have to be diligent and watch your diet. There is nothing you cannot have but not in big batches and not every day. Fran Davis

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena