Friday, November 4, 2011

Peanut Butter, Jif vs. Skippy…

When I was a kid, I did not like peanut butter, I didn’t like the smell, the texture, the taste, it just wasn’t for me.  Then I grew older, and my opinion changed, and now that I’m really older, I adore peanut butter.  By the time I decided I liked it, largely in part to commericals like this with Annette Funicello, who I thought was absolutely drop dead gorgeous, I jumped on the Skippy bandwagon.

Skippy became a staple in our pantry, and then the boys grew up and started watching commercials like this.


Well, of course I had to be a choosy Mother, and they just had to have Jif instead of Skippy, I abandoned Annette and my brand loyalty and started buying Jif.  And I liked it, I really liked it, it was sweet, it was yummy and it had a great looking jar. ;o)  My kids loved it and to this day it’s our families peanut butter of choice, even though blind studies show that Skippy always beats Jif.  In fact, I had a lively discussion about this very thing just a couple of weeks ago with my friend Trish and her brother Mike, who are die hard Skippy fans.

So, maybe I’ll buy a jar of Skippy for old times sake, but I just don’t think I’ll like it as well.  It just doesn’t get any better than Extra Crunchy Jif in my opinion.  And now that they’ve had the worst peanut harvest in decades, those jars are going to get pricey.  But sometimes it’s just worth it, sometimes a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.  So I bought a hug jar today, peanut butter and celery, mother always fixed this for the kids, and it’s still our favorite way to eat it…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena