Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Coconut Oil, it’s a good thing…

effa

A few months ago, I bought this coconut oil at Whole Foods.  I bought it to make chocolate candy, it’s a long story, I won’t bore you with it, but the upshot was it tasted too much like coconut, and I didn’t like it.

So, it’s been sitting on the shelf in my pantry, and if you read about coconut oil, it’s good for a multitude of things other than cooking with it.  People use it as a daily supplement, and to moisturize their skin, and they use it to condition their hair.

I gave it a try as a conditioner this morning.  I didn’t warm it in water, no need for that, this stuff liquifies immediately. All I did was scoop a dab of it in my palm, held my hands together and it turned to liquid.  Then I ran it through my hair and left it on for a couple of hours.  Of course I looked like an Elvis reject, with my hair all greased up, no way I would have answered the door if somebody came, but when I lightly shampooed it and rinsed it out, I could really tell a big difference.

The dryness was gone, my hair was soft and shiny, and “conditioned.”  And, it’s a big pound jar, (think half of the size of a jar of Crisco) so it’s a really cheap deep conditioner/moisturizer.  And the coconut smell is much more appealing on my hair than it was in that chocolate.

You can get this at Walgreen’s, on sale for $10.  I liked it so much, I’m going to try it as a skin moisturizer next.

Don’t you just love a deal???  I always scout out the good stuff for you ladies, and this is a winner!!!

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena