Friday, August 5, 2011

40 years ago today….

LC and I were married.  Can it really be that long?  Where did all those years go?  Who is that couple that stare back at us in the mirror?  We actually took pictures of each other, looked at them, and said simultaneously, “enough of this shit.”  Seriously, old(er) people shouldn’t take pictures of themselves, it’s too depressing!

It was a good day, hazy and a bit cooler, just a nice easy time.  We have a local German festival, The Volkfest, I’ve always wanted to go, and today was the day.  We went for lunch, I had pig knuckles, beans, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes, hubby had bratwurst and German potato salad, and it was absolutely, positively horrid! I guess I don’t like “authentic” German food, it’s too sour and vinegary for me.  My neighbor’s recipe for German potato salad is much better than anything they had to offer.  But it was something to experience, and actually the pig knuckle was the best part.  Thank gawd we left before they started to polka, I just don’t think I was up to watching all those old men dance.

We went to dinner tonight, had a great meal, then cruised the river and drove through our old neighborhood.  It was a nice day.  I’m mellow…

Happy Anniversary to us!!!

1 comments:

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena