Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When I'm good, I'm very, very good....

And when I'm bad, I'm horrid!!!

Last night LC ran by the grocery store, and in a weak moment I told him to bring home a package of Little Debbie Nutty Bars, a delightful concoction filled no doubt with unpronouncable chemicals and lots of nasty trans fats.  I haven't indulged in this sinful treat since the boys were children, but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and I have been craving Nutty Bars for about as long as I craved that raisin pie.

He came in the front door, threw me the box, I tore into them like a rabid dog that hadn't eaten in days, and oh my, they were just as wonderful as I remembered.  Crisp, sickening sweet, peanut butter, cookie wafer, what's not to love.

And this morning, I woke up totally refreshed, after a great night's sleep.  I swear it was the Nutty Bars.  But no, I'm not going to start buying these things, there are 350 calories in two little wafers.

But oh my, were they ever good!  Miz Scarlett went to bed with a full tummy and a smile on her face.  And today, I'm baking brownies, a recipe from long ago when I was a teenager.  Ryan will be nearby on a business trip and he's spending the night.  So Mom's in the kitchen today, baking brownies and sending some home for Lindsay and Abby to try.  Life is good in Heavensville this morning....

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena