Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Men, don’t they just annoy the holy bejeezus out of you???

aletToday for lunch I made wilted lettuce, using this wonderful leaf lettuce in the picture, green onions, bacon drippings, red wine vinegar, put together in my favorite, mother’s big stainless steel mixing bowl, and I’m sitting at the bar, eating, and reminiscing, thinking about how I’ve loved wilted lettuce since I was a little girl and how nobody made it better than mother did.  I was dipping another serving of lettuce out of that bowl onto my plate, and hubby waltzes by.

He asked if he could have a bit, and I graciously shared with him, then asked if he liked it, because I have this irrational need for approval of the food I make.  He walks away, muttering that it tasted like what an old person would have for lunch!  WHAT????  He’s four year older than me, the old fart, what a stupid thing to say!!!  And what did Mr. Food Critic have for his lunch???  Cream of mushroom soup out of a can.  Talk about what an old person has for lunch!

Grrrrrrr, he better watch what he says, it might just show up on this blog!

Men Schmen!!!!

1 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,
    My mother-in-law was from Iowa. They all relocated to Northern California when my husband was 6 yrs. old. I'm so lucky that she showed me how to make wilted lettuce salad. Of course, she used red lettuce from their garden, but essentially sounds the same as yours. Love, love, love it!
    BettyC

    ReplyDelete

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena