Thursday, February 17, 2011

Houseplants, normally not my thing…

Despite my success with outdoor gardening, I have a bad reputation when it comes to houseplants.  I overwater, or ignore, they turn yellow, they turn brown, they die, you know the routine.

Well, the palm tree in the sunroom, I got it last year at Nashville Flea Market.  The vendor that was selling it said it was thirty years old.

Thirty years old, what an obligation I felt, to nourish this through the winter.  It had been alive for so many years, I couldn’t just couldn’t let it die at at the end of summer.  So into the sunroom it went last fall, and I’ve actually managed to keep it going, it actually looks pretty good considering who has been taking care of it. 

I’m looking forward to spring days when I can once again drag it out into my little front courtyard, but right now I’m feeling pretty pleased with myself that I didn’t kill it!  But not pleased enough to bring more live plants into the house, I’ll leave that to my friends that do a better job than me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena