Monday, February 7, 2011

61 year old woman goes on a binge….

pie

Like the nursery rhyme, The Little Girl with the Curl, when I’m good, I’m very, very good, and when I’m bad I am horrid!

Remember last week, and how I said I would eventually cave and make a raisin pie?  Well, yesterday was the day, I not only made the damn pie, I ate half of it.  Yes, sport fans, half!  But, oh, I’m not finished yet.  This piece is in the kitchen, the last piece, and hubby isn’t feeling so great this morning, he thinks maybe he is getting a bug, and he said he doesn’t feel like eating any more pie.

And yes, I feel really bad for him, well I do, I was going to share, well I was. But since he’s not feeling well it means that I get to eat this other piece of pie, this big piece, all by myself.  And yes, that’s real pie crust you’re seeing, no Pillsbury Pie Crust for this pie, nope, it was the real meal deal…

I’m really bad, and really stupid to tell it on myself, but I have no filter, remember?  Tomorrow back to healthy eating, today, over the mouth and past the gums, look out tummy, here that pie comes!!!!

I posted the recipe on Jan CAN Cook, if any of you are so inclined to make a raisin pie for yourself.  I highly recommend it.  And one of these days, I’m going to make another favorite, sour cream raisin cream pie.  But not for awhile, I’ve done enough damage with this one! But sometimes a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.  Know what I mean, Vern?

~ jan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena