Friday, January 28, 2011

Why am I ALWAYS hungrier than usual this time of the year...

When I remember past Valentine's Days, all my recollections are of being on a diet.  I think I have been dieting every February for the past 40+ years!  

I think this obsession with what I'm not eating is a seasonal thing, Oh sure, dieting is never fun, but I never struggle with eating healthy like I do this time of the year. I'm restless, I walk the floor, I have coffee, I make tea, I eat yogurt, nothing satisfies me, I think it's boredom, plain and simple.  I was so desperate yesterday I bundled up and went for a long ride on Milly.  Hubby put her winter cover on, but even covered, a golf cart is not warm ride on a sunless raw January day with temps in the 20's.

We're supposed to have a "thaw" this weekend, followed by more snow next week.  I just don't know when I've had a worse winter than this one.  I think if the sun would shine, my mood would be so much better.  And so on I go, struggling against the demons that want me to make Mother's recipe for  old fashioned raisin pie, or a batch of gooey chocolate chip cookies studded with pecans, or warm apple pie with a wedge of sharp cheddar, and I wonder how long it will be before I cave.  It's just a matter of time...

But you know what, this Valentine's Day, I'm going to enjoy my day.  I'm going to eat and drink and be totally merry and refuse to feel guilt-ridden.  I'll update you on the 15th to let you know what treats I indulged in. I think I will spend some time just planning the menu.  Maybe that will give me a new focus, ya think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© all the latest from Nashville ya'll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena